View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwendelle

re: guild roster info for our admins

Hey guys!

this is for those that do upkeep on this website.

you want a current roster of ALL the members? follow the steps below, its very easy.

1. IN GAME: type /dumpguild in the chat window. You will get a message after that telling you the roster has been dumped to your PC.

2. go to the folder on your PC that Rift is in. for me it is as follows:

computer / OS (c : ) / program files (x86) / rift game

3. there is a file there called guild and it will be an .xml file open this with notepad. be sure to have word wrap turned off (under format)

4. highlight the entire thing then copy it

5. go to the website and log in

6. click on guildroster, then guild XML imports in the upper left area of the screen

7. choose your faction. (the guild name and shard should already be shown since you set that up under the admin abilities.)

8. paste the notebook file into the area that says guild.xml file contents

9. click run guild xml import

once that is done a screen will come up showing the import results and any changes to any toons in the guild. This will also give everyone the ability to not only claim their main characters, but also all of their alts in a format that will work with DKP. When people sign up for raids on the website it will ask what toon they are signing up with, which may make it easier for the raid leaders to see who is actually coming.

If you have questions, find me in game or PM me here.

~Gwen

Jump to: